by Marianna Monentes-Softly
I created these to use in Timmy's at Rockin' Roller region; to be used with the cookies and cupcakes.
Creating a Cupcake Liner in Blender
Start with a cylinder with an even number of vertices (try 36) and NGon cap fill:
Give the cylinder the shape of a cupcake paper liner
Select the top face and make it larger by scaling it (S). Then, delete the face (X):
Select half of the side edges
1. Switch to edge selecting mode
2. Select one edge at the top and one at the bottom circles
3. Multi select loops (Press Space and search for this function)
4. Select inverse (Press Space and search for this function)
5. Checker deselect (Press Space and search for this function)
Create the creases
Make this selection larger by scaling it:
After creating your liner you can add modifiers to solidify, bevel and subdivide to make your cupcake liner to your liking. Export and save as a DAE (a future article). Ultimately, when you import your DAE as mesh into the GCG, you will have a white, mesh object you can easily tint in texture settings.
How cool is 3D?