by Roddie Macchi
Rules of Our GCG Events Calendar:
I will need to lay down some ground rules for the Events Calendar now that more and more people are realizing how nice it is to DJ and have events here knowing their safe and legal with our Licenses that support Music/Media for GCG.
Also be sure to contact Roddie Macchi if anyone tries to tell you that you can't do something,
No one here has the right to tell anyone that they can't do something when it comes to the grids official GCG Calendar. Only the Owner of the grids official GCG Event Calendar can do that.
So here we go.....:)
1. DO NOT post events farther into the future as you cannot assume that those events will be a sure thing...in other words Only add an event you know for sure that week or the next two weeks that you know its actually going to take place...not a whole year.
2. The GCG Calendar is a first come first serve type Calendar, meaning if someone puts down an event and someone else is on the same time and date, thats ok, as anyone can post at any time and date as well...but try to look first and see what event is in what place and try to be considerate of others by not overlapping if you can.
3. Overlapping and Competition is acceptable and frankly Life in general lol. Meaning if someone has a huge event they want to do and its the same time as a small venue...sorry but thats competition.
4. Play Nice! We all want to show off our venues and all of us want to have fun...but remember that there are tons of other grids and people all over the metaverse that could be at other venues and thats ok!!...its all about enjoying yourself in the metaverse. If people don't show up because another event is on don't blame them...blame yourself for not having a better advertisement, or a better DJ, or better music genre or event...:P
Now...I have been DJing for over 13 yrs now from the game SIms ONline to THERE to SL to here..I have ran my own Radio Satation. So I am going to give you some of my secrets to success when running an Event.
Things to Remember when running an Event.....
1. Create a Group that people will want to join only for your venue or your event.
This way notices can be sent out so everyone sees it online or offline.
2. If your a DJ Create a group for your followers...this way no matter where you DJ, you can send out a notice to get them to come see you wherever you're at!
3. Play Great Music and get organized doing it! If you're a DJ don't just play music...if that's the case put on the radio lol...you need to engage as if you were there!...talk to your listeners, make them laugh, do crazy funny things for them to listen to...make yourself different and someone they will remember and want to see again.
4. Play a Genre people like...and keep it that same genre...in other words don't play Hard Rock and then half way through play Opera lol...buzz killer!!!
5. Grab yourself a paid stream that supports 198 Kbs and over 100 listeners...it may sound like overkill but being this much will gaurantee a great quality stream for everyone to hear you crystal clear.
6. ADVERTISE ADVERTISE...I can't emphasize this enough...No one will come if they don't know, and if you don't make it sound like its something they want to go to. Make a great ad and post it everywhere!...Our FB Group, Notices in world, On our Events Calendar, anywhere you can...this way people will see it.
7. Go above and beyond!!...think big!!...create yourself a website for yourself to show your talents or region off or your venue off...get creative and think outside the box as if you were a HUGE company advertising your time for others ;)
Remember one very important thing...people can tell the difference between someone trying to make money or someone whos actually REALLY enjoying playing for them.
Cheers! and Always Have Fun!!